Thursday 27 June 2013

My Sweet 16th: Harry Potter style

After endlessly googling ideas for my sweet 16th - which makes it sound super tacky - I switched from an 80s theme to Harry Potter. My hope is that through this blog you'll be able to get ideas for a Potter party yourself.

I started by simply googling 'harry potter party ideas'. From there I was bombarded with pages and pages of websites linking me to harry potter related food, drinks, decorations, party games, invitations, gift bag ideas, music, costumes, cakes and all the rest. I knew that this couldn't be a half done job and I quickly became willing to spend a bit of money to make it amazing. One blog that I read had a lady spending loads of money to practically recreate the great hall. If I had that kind of money, I'd be doing that too. So another hope I have is that these party ideas help those of you with a lower budget. I've got 2 weeks to plan this. Keen as a spleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment